Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Second Self Evaluation

Self Review #2
Second time around and this is the next self evaluation. This period I had let myself be bogged down by other classes so my update schedule suffered quite a bit. I tried to catch up during spring break so quite a posts piled up at the end.


Number and topic of posts
I had 6 total content posts for this evaluation period. This is about 1.5 posts per week not counting the week we got off from Spring Break. This isn't a strong amount of posts and could definitely improve. My posts are generally fairly long with few if any one or two line posts. I definitely need to sprinkle some short and to the point posts along with my longer posts. For now, I'm still sitting in the C range when it comes to post count.

Content of posts
The content of my posts have improved over the posts made during the first evaluation period. I don't think I utilize the deficit model nearly as much and as a result my posts are more informative and useful for those who read them. The grammar of the posts remained constant and hopefully was never really a problem. I think the content is around a B level, maybe closer to a B+.

Readers on my blog
The posts at the beginning of the evaluation period netted quite a few views and comments. I don't think many people were commenting a lot during spring break so my newer posts don't have too many comments except for the most recent. I've shared my blog with a few friends to increase readership outside of the class. This falls in the C/B range of the rubric.

Comments on other blogs
This time around I spent more time going to blogs I hadn't visited yet and tried to leave a comment or two on them. I still mostly frequent Zach's Technology Complicated and Carlos' ScanMeIn and leave the majority of my comments there. I'm probably sitting around a C in the rubric for this.

Misc
Every post I always try to include helpful links, pictures, and videos that may be useful to the reader. I've kept a consistent pace to keep references available for the reader in hopes to make enough information available. I think I've been around a B range for these posts for miscellaneous requirements.

Overall
The process of creating a blog post hasn't been much easier for me, I still sit in front my computer for a few hours to knock out a 3 or 4 paragraph post but the content of my posts have improved significantly. Keeping up with and exceeding the number of posts I should be creating is my biggest hurdle right now and what I need to work on the most now. I think my blog is around a low B in the rubric.

No comments:

Post a Comment